SUNDAY, JULY 19 (5:00 p.m.) – WEDNESDAY, JULY 22 (3:00 p.m.)
There will be optional pre-sessions offered on Sunday, July 19 from 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., including an Open House at CRS Headquarters in downtown Baltimore. Please do not book your travel until your Campus Application (this form) is formally accepted and further guidance is provided to you.
BALTIMORE, MD | Loyola University Maryland and optional Open House at CRS Headquarters
WASHINGTON, DC | Capitol Hill
Catholic Relief Services' (CRS) Student Ambassador Leaders Together (SALT) Summit is an opportunity for student and staff leaders to learn more about the work of CRS and acquire skills to take effective actions to end global poverty. A pinnacle of the CRS SALT Summit is the opportunity to meet with the offices of members of Congress in Washington DC to advocate for more just policies. Attendees leave this in-depth experience with a substantial understanding of the global work of CRS and how college students can mobilize their campus communities to create a better world.
- We invite campus delegations of up to 3 individuals per university to apply together.
- Ideally, this would include 1 Staff Advisor with 1-2 Student Leaders, preferably incoming sophomores and juniors.
- For campuses new to CRS, please ensure that delegation participants are strong leaders with interest and commitment to follow-up during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- If spaces remain once all interested campuses apply, we will open up the opportunity for campuses to bring additional representatives for a small fee.
CRS, in partnership with Loyola University Maryland, is happy to once again be able to cover the major costs for all participants of the CRS SALT Summit, including most meals; accommodations from Sunday night through Tuesday night; session space, speakers and materials; and transportation to and from Capitol Hill during the Summit.
Participants are asked to cover the cost of their transportation to and from Loyola University Maryland in Baltimore as well as a couple of meals on their own.
Scholarships: There are some scholarships available for travel expenses, as we would like to ensure that cost is not a barrier to participation.
- Step 1: CAMPUS APPLICATION: Campuses are invited to apply as a delegation rather than as individuals utilizing this form. The priority deadline is February 28, 2019, and we will continue accepting Campus Applications on a rolling basis until all available spaces are filled.
- Step 2: INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATIONS: Each individual attendee will be required to submit their travel plans, dietary restrictions, and other information in April - May.